Veg Biriyani Recipe
3 tablespoon olive oil or Ghee if available
- 1 yellow onion cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 tablespoon garlic chop up
- 1 tablespoon ginger chop up
- 1 Roma tomato chop up finely
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1 carrot sliced into thin coins
- 2 russet potato peeled and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- 2 stalks celery thinly sliced
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoon Garam masala
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 cup basmati rice rinsed and drained
- Add olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium to high heat.
- Add the onion and cook until translucent about 3 to 4 mins.
- Stir it in garlic, ginger, tomatoes, and 1/2 cup water.
- Bring to a simmer, and cook until the water has evaporated about 10 mins.
- Add the peas, carrot, potato, bell pepper, celery and cauliflower into it and stirring well.
- Add the salt, cayenne, black pepper, Garam masala, turmeric, cumin and cinnamon into it and stirring well.
- Add the vegetable broth in it and bring to a boil.
- Add the Basmathi rice, reduce to low heat and cook (covered) for 18 to 20 mins.
- Turn off the heat and let sit, covered, for 5 mins before opening and serving.